Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #105




Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




The Islands at the End of the World
The Islands at the End of The World

August 5th 2014


In this fast-paced survival story set in Hawaii, electronics fail worldwide, the islands become completely isolated, and a strange starscape fills the sky. Leilani and her father embark on a nightmare odyssey from Oahu to their home on the Big Island. Leilani’s epilepsy holds a clue to the disaster, if only they can survive as the islands revert to earlier ways.

A powerful story enriched by fascinating elements of Hawaiian ecology, culture, and warfare, this captivating and dramatic debut from Austin Aslan is the first of two novels. The author has a master’s degree in tropical conservation biology from the University of Hawaii at Hilo.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a gorgeous read! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy.

    Here's my WOW Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have ever read a book set in Hawaii so this one sounds more than interesting to me. Thank you so much for sharing it :)

    Here is our WOW pick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one before, sounds really good! Great choice.
    My WoW
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is new to me, I love that! Thanks for a fantastic pick!

    Kristalyn @ The Sarcastic Palmtree
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this is new to me! Sounds exciting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one before, bu it sounds really interesting. Love that it's set in Hawaii. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is new to me and it looks amazing! I'm adding it to my TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs