Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Top Ten: Back To School Books

Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.



My Top Ten Books in a School Setting: 
Its back to school time and  I love boarding school books. I am not sure why but I do. I love to read about the history of the school, design of the school, types of kids in this school. I just love them. So here are my favorite boarding school books. 

1.  A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes, #1)

2. The School For Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)

3. I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You  by Ally Carter (and all other books in the series)
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)


4. Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider

Extraordinary Means

5. Dark Energy by Robinson Wells
Dark Energy

6. Born Wicked by  Jessica Spotswood
Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)

7. The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LeBan
The Tragedy Paper

8. Charm and Strange by Stephanie Kuehn
Charm & Strange

9. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson 
The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1)

10. and of course... Harry Potter
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)






9 comments:

  1. The Ally Carter books are surprisingly good, I think. (Of course, Harry Potter is the best. :P) I was really happy with them and was not expecting to be that impressed. Great list, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter is the best! I really want to read A Study In Charlotte, it sounds so good!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/16/top-ten-tuesday-70/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of these books are on my TBR! The Study in Charlotte and Charm and Strange just to name a few! I loved The Name of the Star and this post reminds me that I really need to finish that series!

    Christy @ Novel Ink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been in the mood for a good book with a school setting. I am going to have to go check some of these out :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the Gallagher Girls series! And all of Ally Carter's work, to be honest. A Study in Charlotte has been on my TBR for awhile, so I may just have to pick it up. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh!! NICE topic choice! Especially number 9 & 10! ;)

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love boarding school books too, but the only one of these I've read is HP! Crazy, right? I really want to read the School for Good & Evil series, though.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs