Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday: This Tiny Perfect World by Lauren Gibaldi


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Jenn's Pick: I Can't wait to have my hands on this!

To Kill a Kingdom
To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandra Christo 

Princess Lira is siren royalty and the most lethal of them all. With the hearts of seventeen princes in her collection, she is revered across the sea. Until a twist of fate forces her to kill one of her own. To punish her daughter, the Sea Queen transforms Lira into the one thing they loathe most—a human. Robbed of her song, Lira has until the winter solstice to deliver Prince Elian’s heart to the Sea Queen or remain a human forever.

The ocean is the only place Prince Elian calls home, even though he is heir to the most powerful kingdom in the world. Hunting sirens is more than an unsavory hobby—it’s his calling. When he rescues a drowning woman in the ocean, she’s more than what she appears. She promises to help him find the key to destroying all of sirenkind for good—But can he trust her? And just how many deals will Elian have to barter to eliminate mankind’s greatest enemy?


I have heard so many great things about this book. Honestly, this last week was the first time I really saw this book and when I read some early reviews... I was like must have! I really need this ASAP. The cover is beautiful and dark and the story sounds amazing. This is one I need for my bookshelf and to read. 




Ash's Pick: I need to read this NOW! 

This Tiny Perfect WorldThis Tiny Perfect World by Lauren Gibaldi
February 27th, 2018


A contemporary “clean teen” coming-of-age story about a small-town girl who opens her eyes to life’s endless possibilities
When Penny wins a scholarship to a prestigious theater camp, she thinks it’s the start of a perfect summer. But when she arrives at camp, Penny is thrust into a world of competition and self-doubt. And as she meets new friends, including Chase, a talented young actor with big-city dreams, she begins to realize that her own dreams may be bigger than she ever imagined.


Look at this cover! LOOK AT IT! The cover looks beautiful, and that's what made me want to read it the most. The story sounds awesome too, but really. Look at that cover.





17 comments:

  1. YAY for To Kill a Kingdom! I still have to read it, but I got the ARC and I'm soooo eager to start it :D

    Hope you'll get the chance to read it soon as well, here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! I was able to read To Kill a Kingdom last month! It was really good! I tend to enjoy the fairy tale retellings and this one blew my mind! Hope you will enjoy it too!

    The other one is totally new to me but I hope you will love it as well!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been curious about To Kill a Kingdom. I'm not super into mermaid and siren books, but it has me intrigued...

    Thanks for visiting Shell's Stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Tiny Perfect World is a new title to me but oh my god that cover is amazing. I'd love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that cover on the second one is gorgeous!!! YESSSS to the top book I have it on my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read This Tiny Perfect World for a tour. There were some really interesting ideas explored and the cover is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these sound great! Plus, they have awesome covers which is always good. 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recognize both but I hadn't heard much about them. Thanks for sharing! I hope you both love them when you get the chance to check them out. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    p.s. want to join my new book blog FB group? https://t.co/Sh2ciyqzls

    ReplyDelete
  9. To Kill a Kingdom is one I'm dying to get my hands on. I hadn't heard of the second book but it sounds wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of those covers are absolutely gorgeous! I have just started reading This Tiny Perfect World and I wish that I had more time to spend on it because I am enjoying it so far. I hope that you love these books when you have the chance to read them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really want to read To Kill a Kingdom. I have also seen this book around and all the good reviews. I am hoping I get my hands on it. =)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wanting** sometimes...I just can't type my thoughts fast enough. Sorry.

      Delete
  12. These both sound good! I already have To Kill a Kingdom on my wishlist, but I've never heard of This Tiny Perfect World before. I do love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. To Kill a Kingdom is definitely on my TBR - I love The Little Mermaid, so I'm anxious to get my hands on this retelling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. To Kill a Kingdom is one of my most anticipated books this year because it sounds so original! And the cover is gorgeous! I haven't heard anything about the other book yet, I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of these sound so good! I'm especially excited to read To Kill A Kingdom. I hope they are as good as they sound!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous cover for To Kill A Kingdom - beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs