Monday, March 12, 2018

I Read That Movie: Tomorrow When the War Began

I  read that movie is a feature where we compare movies or TV series, and the books they're based on.


Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden



Tomorrow, When the War Began (Tomorrow, #1)
Title: Tomorrow, When the War BeganAuthor: John Marsden 
Publisher: Scholastic 
Publishing Date: June 1st, 2006 
Pages: 276 
Length of Audio: 
Genre: Young Adult Apocalyptic 
Series: Tomorrow 
Source: Audio
When Ellie and her friends return from a camping trip in the Australian bush, they find things hideously wrong — their families are gone. Gradually they begin to comprehend that their country has been invaded and everyone in their town has been taken prisoner. As the reality of the situation hits them, they must make a decision — run and hide, give themselves up and be with their families, or fight back.




Mini review:


What made me read this book: 
I watched the movie years ago, and I needed a book that had planes on the cover. And since this was on audio, I decided it was perfect.

What did I like the most: 
Same thing with every apocalyptic book. I love reading how they adapt and survive during everything. Especially teenagers. It's really amazing how they get it together enough to actually survive. I also really liked Lee. The author is very good at describing things, like when they got to their camping spot in "Hell" it actually felt like I was there. 

What didn't I like: 
Regular teen drama, even in the middle of an apocalypse. I also felt a bit lost at certain parts, like what just happened.



Tomorrow, When the War Began Poster
Release Date: August 8th, 2010 (Australia)
Cast: Caitlin Stasey, Rachel Hurd-Wood, Deniz Akdeniz
Series: Standalone


When their country is invaded and their families are taken, eight unlikely high school teenagers band together to fight.


Mini Review:

I really enjoyed this movie. I remember I watched this years ago, and I absolutely loved it. I watched it again after I read the book, and still loved it just as much. The actors are great, and they portray the characters well.

Let's compare:

Did I see the movie or read the book first?
I saw the movie first, years ago actually. 

Like the movie or the book better?
I might be biased, because I saw the movie first. But I actually like the movie better/

How does it compare?
For the most part the movie is pretty right along with the book. Some of the lines from the movie are even straight out of the books.

Do the actors match the characters in the book?
I think they actually chose the perfect people to play the characters, they all matched very well. But again, that might be because I saw the movie first. 

Major differences?
I didn't really notice many major differences. Of course they cut quite a bit out, like they would with any book to movie. But really nothing huge. 




2 comments:

  1. Nice that the movie and the book tracked each other pretty well. I've never heard of this one but now I'm intrigued, and would like to read and or watch it. I love post apoc stuff like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the book first and loved it. I liked the film too then got annoyed to hear they weren't filming the rest of the books!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs