Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Let's Quote

Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Artsy Reader Girl that features a great bookish top ten every week.



So this week its all about book quotes. There are so many good great quotes out there. I picked some of my favorite YA reads and pulled what I think are some beautiful quotes.


The Fault in Our Stars
1. "That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt."

Looking for Alaska
2. "If People Were Rain, I was Drizzle and she was a Hurricane. 

The Sky Is Everywhere
3.  "Grief and love are conjoined, you don’t get one without the other. "


Thirteen Reasons Why
4.“A lot of you cared, just not enough.”


The Impossible Knife of Memory
5.  “You're the one who doesn't understand, I've been standing on the edge with you for years.”

Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
6. “There's some kind of peace that comes with knowing that for every person who is waiting to be found, there's someone out there searching.” 


The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love
7. “Sometimes all we have is the knowledge that something extraordinary exists in the universe, even if we can't be the ones to claim it. Sometimes that has to be enough.” 


The Lies About Truth

8. “People weren't perfect, ever, but sometimes moments were.”

Mosquitoland
9. “When you were born, you cried while the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries while you rejoice.”

All the Truth That's in Me
10. “I don't believe in miracles, but if the need is great, a girl might make her own miracle.”




Ash-


So I decided to do my favorite quotes from Alice In Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, #1)Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There


1.“Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!"Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you.”


2. “I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, sir,' said Alice, 'Because I'm not myself you see.”


3.“‎You're not the same as you were before," he said. You were much more... muchier... you've lost your muchness.”


4. “So she sat on with closed eyes, and half believed herself in Wonderland, though she knew she had but to open them again, and all would change to dull reality.”


5. “If he smiled much more, the ends of his mouth might meet behind, and then I don't know what would happen to his head! I'm afraid it would come off!”


6.“Curiouser and curiouser!” Cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot how to speak good English).”


7.“I wish I hadn't cried so much!" said Alice, as she swam about, trying to find her way out. "I shall be punished for it now, I suppose, by being drowned in my own tears! That will be a queer thing, to be sure! However, everything is queer today.”


8. “Mad Hatter: “Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”
“Have you guessed the riddle yet?” the Hatter said, turning to Alice again.
“No, I give it up,” Alice replied: “What’s the answer?”
“I haven’t the slightest idea,” said the Hatter”


9. "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."


10. “I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then”




What's your top ten book quotes?

14 comments:

  1. OOh nice picks! Lots of new to me books except for Alice of course!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fault in Our Stars was such a good book. I love the quote you selected from it.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks for stopping by earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this one! “People weren't perfect, ever, but sometimes moments were.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic. In fact curiouser and curiouser.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choices, I really like that quote from The Sky is Everywhere. And I love Alice in Wonderland, so all of those quotes were just perfect. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Alice quotes! I had not read it until a couple of years ago. I waited too long. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read a John Green book, but that quote is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great list with many of the books on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't really collect quotes from books-I'm too busy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quotes! And so many that are new to me. I particularly like #7 of the first list and I absolutely adore the Alice quotes :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quotes. I haven't read any of these but I really need to make work of Alice in Wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of Jenn's quotes - esp the John Green ones. And I love that Ash picked all Alice quotes. SO awesome! I've always been partial to "we're all mad here" which may be basic af, but I love the ones you shared too! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog to leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Geek's Guide quote is so deep. I should definitely read that one. It has such a cute cover.

    Thanks for visiting Shell's Stories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like The Truth That's in Me quote. I really need to read that one. And of course the TFiOS quote is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs