Tuesday, May 1, 2018

April Monthly Recap

Here's our monthly recap!


We decided to start doing a monthly recap. Since we post and read a ton we will hightlight what our favorite things were and what we hope to read the upcoming month. If you would like to see all our posts, here are our weekly wrap-ups.

Our Weekly Wrap ups last month:


Ash's Month!

♥ Went to see 2 different movies in theaters, and did I read That Movie for both!

♥ Both Jenn's and Michael's birthdays were this month! So Happy birthday guys! 

♥ Readathon this month! 


♥ I read 35 books for the month of April!! (Beat last month by 6 books!)

That's really the only interesting things that happened in April.


I have also decided that I am going to read a whole series every month. So I am going to take the series that I own all of, and every month I will read one. Then on the monthly recaps, or a separate post, I haven't decided yet, I will post a mini review for the series, my thoughts, quotes, fan art I find, and anything else I really want to do. 
I feel like this well help me get through my series better.

So for the month of May, I have decided on The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)


Here are some of my favorite posts from last month: 


Cover Up: Recent Reads #1
Cover Up: Recent Reads #2
I Read That Movie: The Walking Dead
Answer Me This: The Mind of a 4 Year Old
Answer Me This: What Else Do You Do?
Answer Me This: Do You Dewey?
Tag You're It! Bookish Identity


Favorite books read last month: 


5 Stars:

Tell Me No Lies (Follow Me Back #2)Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)Everland (Everland, #1)The Assassin of Oz (The Twisted and the Brave, #2)Rot & Ruin (Rot & Ruin, #1)The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)806Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5)

4 Stars:
How to Hang a Witch (How to Hang a Witch, #1)The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State KillerGlass Sword (Red Queen, #2)Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)Trapped in Room 217Playlist for the DeadCress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)

Books I'm hoping to read this month:


My Little Eye (Starke & Bell, #1)A Lite Too BrightThe Cuckoo WoodPeevesOnyx and IvoryMonday's Not ComingMissing at 17Future Shock (Future Shock, #1)Blood Will OutAlways Forever MaybeLittle Do We KnowSoulstruckBring Me BackNightshifted (Edie Spence, #1)The Book of Lost ThingsThe Lies They Tell
Wild Blue WonderShackledGod Save the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #1)Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)Defy the Stars (Constellation, #1)Project 17The Wicked Deep
Jenn's Month

I  had another good month. Read lots of books well listened to most of them. I discovered Scribd... which is a monthly subscription but it starts off with two months free. Which Woohoo. but it has a ton of audiobooks. Even once I start paying the monthly fee of 8.99.. the number of audiobooks so worth it. They also have ebooks. So good site. I have been enjoying so many audiobooks it's CRAZY! I do listen more than read because I have so much time at work (with the commute and work hours) I have 10 hours a day to listen. I listen to 2x speed. That is a lot of books to get done during my week. I only have about 1.5 hours a day to actually read. So reading goes much slower for me. I still do it every night though... at least try. 

My birthday was this month, that was nice. Michael's too, which was also nice.  Ash and her hubby John cooked us both a special meal and paid for us to go on a movie date. They are so wonderful. 

I got quite a few books, free, subscription, bought, arcs. It was a good month. I seem to be better at keeping up with reviews too. It's hard when I go through so many audio a week to keep up but I am trying! 

I started a new feature! The Bookworm's Wishlist. I feature bookish gifts for any book lover or that I just want. I am having a great time with it and hope others like it too. Here are some links to the couple I started with



I read 37 books in April. 

My favorite books... (all my 5 stars) Some have reviews and the rest are coming. Click on title for review, click on book cover for Goodreads info.

Last Night Review Coming Soon
The Darkest Minds Original Review
Tell Me No Lies Review Coming Soon
Starry Eyes Review



Last NightThe Safest LiesThe Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)Beyond a Darkened ShoreWritten in Red (The Others, #1)Wild BirdThe Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)Tell Me No Lies (Follow Me Back #2)You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)Starry Eyes


My 4 stars

Nemesis (Project Nemesis, #1)Dread Nation (Dread Nation, #1)Mars OneShatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)One Was LostI'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State KillerThe Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed, #1)Chantress (Chantress, #1)The Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #1)Pillow Stalk (Mad for Mod Mystery #1)Optimists Die FirstFinal Girls




Here is a list of hopeful books for May. 


Spies, Lies, and AlliesISANA Town Called VengeanceHow You Ruined My LifeThe Queen's Rising (The Queen̢۪s Rising, #1)Good and GoneTop TenThe End of Our StoryThe Way You Make Me FeelPuddin' (Dumplin', #2)We'll Fly AwayThe RetreatOnyx and IvoryGame of SecretsMonday's Not ComingAftermathQuestions I Want to Ask YouLIFEL1K3 (Lifelike, #1)Grump: The (Fairly) True Tale of Snow White and the Seven DwarvesBring Me Their HeartsSweet Black WavesThe Opposite of HereWhat You Left MeInvisible GhostsJar of HeartsSunburnFirstlife (Everlife, #1)If I Die TonightWe Know It Was You (Strange Truth, #1)Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1)Stay SweetUnravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)Undead Girl GangStrange New World (Brave New Girl, #2)Long Live the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #3)The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik


How was your month of April?










2 comments:

  1. Happy birthdays! I’m glad you both had good reading months. I don’t understand how you guys read so much. It must be a superpower. Have an excellent May!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Future Shock and I'm not a fan of YA or time travel! I've had another rotten month with no real reading progress but maybe my luck will change tonight...*laughs*

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs