Sunday, May 20, 2018

Review: Cress by Marissa Meyer

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)Title: Cress
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Publishing Date: February 4th, 2014
Pages: 552
Audio Length: 15 Hours and 40 Minutes
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Series: The Lunar Chronicles
Source: Audio
 

In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.
Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.
When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a higher price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.
What made me pick this book up: 
I read the first two and liked them.

What did I like about the cover: 
It's really beautiful, I love the long hair and the flowers. Definitely matches the book

What made me read this book: 
Like I said, I read the first two.

What did I like the most: 
Cress is such a great character, she was funny, smart, lovable, and seriously awkward. Much like myself. Well, the awkward part at least... Anyway! I feel like her and Rapunzel from Tangled would get along perfectly. She's honestly so adorable. 

Cress and Thorne are my favorite characters by far. 

The writing as always, is awesome. The story just keeps getting better and better, and I'm finding myself never wanting to finish the series, because I don't want it to end. 

Oh and Iko... my lovely lovely Iko. I am so in love with her. She's so swoony, and cute, and funny. She cracks me up how she has absolutely no filter at all.

What didn't I like: 
Uh, I loved everything. All of it.

Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?
YES.



Characters: 5/5
Story: 5/5
Writing/Pace: 5/5
Ending: 5/5

I am so in love.



“Captain?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you think it was destiny that brought us together?"
He squinted and, after a thoughtful moment, shook his head. "No. I'm pretty sure it was Cinder.”
― Marissa Meyer, Cress
For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1)Scarlet (Scarlet, #1)These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)


I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.




















1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this book as well! Marissa Meyer's book are just so well-written I can't wait to continue her series! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs