Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: I Would Name My Kids This!

Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme originally created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl that features a great bookish top ten every week.

This week's top ten is the character names we love or more accurate the characters we would steal names from for our children! 



Jenn: 

This one is hard. There are so many names out there I absolutely adore in books. I will need to just take from my recent reads and go from there. 


For The Girls

Undead Girl Gang  June Optimists Die First Petula ISAN Ava
In Her Skin Vivienne Devils Unto Dust  Daisy


For the Boys 

The Final Six Leo Starry Eyes Lennon Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game #1) Levi

Dream a Little Dream (The Silver Trilogy, #1) Grayson Firstlife (Everlife, #1) Archer


Ash-
This was really hard! I had to cheat and use google and once I did, I found a whole bunch of names I really love. Yikes. 
So it was hard just picking 10.

Girls names:

1.) Eowyn from Lord of the Rings

The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the Rings, #1-3)

2.) Alice from Alice in Wonderland

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

3.) Wendy from Peter Pan

Peter Pan

4.) Arya from A Song of Ice and Fire 

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)

5.) Waverly from Strange New World 

Strange New World (Brave New Girl, #2)

Boys names:

6.) Atticus from To Kill a Mockingbird

To Kill a Mockingbird

7.) Forrest from Forrest Gump 

Forrest Gump (Forrest Gump, #1)

8.) Milo from Catch-22

Catch-22 (Catch-22 #1)

9.) Augustus/Gus from The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars

10.) Rowan from Scythe

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1)



4 comments:

  1. These are such lovely names. I've always loved the name Eowyn, and Vivienne is lovely as well. I really like all of these, great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice picks! Have been seeing lots of names for fantasy reads so this is a nice change of pace! Lol! My picks were all "modern" ones for the most part!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved the name Ava, and I also like the name Milo (although sometimes I worry it sounds more like a dog's name!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Arya's name best out of the Game of Thrones options. I always liked the name Anya since I saw it on Buffy.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs