Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday: The Disappearance of Sloane Sullivan by Gia Cribbs and Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Jenn's Pick: I Can't wait to have my hands on this!

The Disappearance of Sloane Sullivan

The Disappearance of Sloan Sullivan by Gia Cribbs
May 29th, 2018

No one wants me to tell you about the disappearance of Sloane Sullivan.
Not the lawyers or the cops. Not her friends or family. Not even the boy who loved her more than anyone. And most certainly not the United States Marshals Service. You know, the people who run the witness protection program or, as it’s officially called, the Witness Security Program? Yeah, the WITSEC folks definitely don’t want me talking to you.
But I don’t care. I have to tell someone.
If I don’t, you’ll never know how completely wrong things can go. How a single decision can change everything. How, when it really comes down to it, you can’t trust anyone. Not even yourself. You have to understand, so it won’t happen to you next. Because you never know when the person sitting next to you isn’t who they claim to be...and because there are worse things than disappearing.





Ash's Pick: I need to read this NOW! 
Girl Made of Stars

Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake
May 15th, 2018


"I need Owen to explain this. Because yes, I do know that Owen would never do that, but I also know Hannah would never lie about something like that."
Mara and Owen are about as close as twins can get. So when Mara's friend Hannah accuses Owen of rape, Mara doesn't know what to think. Can the brother she loves really be guilty of such a violent crime? Torn between the family she loves and her own sense of right and wrong, Mara is feeling lost, and it doesn't help that things have been strained with her ex and best friend since childhood, Charlie.
As Mara, Hannah, and Charlie navigate this new terrain, Mara must face a trauma from her own past and decide where Charlie fits in her future. With sensitivity and openness, this timely novel confronts the difficult questions surrounding consent, victim blaming, and sexual assault.



4 comments:

  1. Oh yes!! These are some great picks y’all! hope you You get to rea them and soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your books when you get to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't currently have either of these books on my tbr. I hope you both enjoy reading your picks this week.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks girls both of these books looks and sounds absolutely fantastic and right up my alley to boot too, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post last week Jenn.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs