Saturday, May 12, 2018

Wee Reads: Dinner for Dinos by Ben Whitehouse

Ever since Finn was born, and even before then, we would read to him. We wanted to show him reading from an early age. Now he loves us to read the same books, over, and over, and over. But it is the sweetest thing, when he likes to pick out a book and climb into our laps. 



Dinner for Dinos: Gulp, Guzzle, Chomp, ChewDinner for Dinos by Ben Whitehouse

 

Dinner doesn’t have to be a disaster - just ask the dinos! Your kiddos will love this silly story about a rambunctious crew of dinosaurs who are making mealtime extra fun while learning how to grow up healthy and strong by eating all sorts of yummy foods.
Mealtime can be challenging with little ones, and Dinner for Dinos is a fun, exciting way to show your kids that eating healthy foods to grow big and strong doesn’t have to be yucky or scary.
“My mom says those who eat good foods
Will grow up big and strong.
I’m eating all the greens I can
To make my tail grow long!”
Children everywhere will love joining goofy Stego, Bronto, Raptor, and Rex as they help make dinner, say their prayers, and clean their plates, making mealtime the best part of the day!

Do you like this book?
Yeah because I love dinos! Dinos are my favorite!

What's your favorite part of the book?
When they were dancing when they were cooking! The triceratops was my favorite dinosaur though. I want to dance with dinosaurs!

What do you think of the cover?
I love it because it has dinosaurs on it! RAWR! I like the purple dinosaur

Do you want me to read it again?
Yes!


Dinner for Dinos is an adorable book about a few dinos who decide that they want to have a picnic together. It starts with them going grocery shopping and saying that they don't like veggies, but another dinosaur tells them that it will help them grow big and strong.
This is a great book that teaches about eating healthy, and also cooking your food and being grateful for that food.
It was really adorable and great graphics. The only problem I had is that it was an ARC and because of that the words were all wonky. (See photos down below) 
I really liked that the dinosaurs also prayed and thanked God for the food they made.

We received a copy of Dinner for Dinos as an ARC on my kindle, for an honest review.




Similar Books..
Why Should I Eat Well?Good Enough to Eat: A Kid's Guide to Food and NutritionThe Vegetables We Eat


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs